The Siddhi Yoga Scholarship
Siddhi Yoga is committed to providing yogis all over the world tips and tricks for advancing your yoga practice and taking it to the next level. We strive to do this through helpful blogs and articles, and perhaps most of all, yoga teacher trainings each year at Dharamsala, Rishikesh and Goa in India and Bali in Indonesia.
We believe in community at Siddhi Yoga. And more than anything, we believe that education should be accessible to everyone, regardless of status, level or income. Yoga means union, and we aim to unite as many people as we can through this practice.
As part of our commitment to community, we at Siddhi Yoga have decided to start an annual Siddhi Yoga Scholarship program.
If you’re passionate, hard working and have a burning desire to learn and grow as a yogi, and as a person overall, we encourage you to apply for our scholarship program!
What are the qualifications?
- We welcome all students—from universities, colleges and high schools. If you are under the age of 18, or if you’re still in high school, you’ll need to get consent from your parents or legal guardians before applying.
- Having a strong passion for yoga is a major benefit, as we will be choosing a scholar who believes in the same vision and values as SiddhiYoga.
How does it work?
We want you to write a personal story or essay of 500 to 1000 words in length about yoga. But we want a story that shines.
Your essay should focus on the impact yoga has had in your life and how it continues to help you grow in your daily life. Your story should be about you, as well as provide value that can help others, too.
We want to get to know you. Let your personality come through your writing and try to steer clear of clichés and advice in general.
Other criteria that will be taken into account:
Originality – we will not accept any plagiarized stories!
Realistic – we want honesty. Tell us the truth—your truth—and nothing more.
Innovative – get creative!
Once you’ve finished your story, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before November 30, 2017. (For this year we are closed for new entries and results will be out by 15th December). We will open again next year from 1st January 2018.)
When submitting your essay, please don’t forget to include these important details:
Address and phone number
Name of your school
Proof that you’re a student (copy of school ID, etc.)
What do you get?
This scholarship consists of $1,000 for you to use towards your higher education.
We will pick our winner by December 15, 2017. If that’s you, a $1,000 check will be sent directly to your university no later than December 20, 2017.
If your story is chosen, you’ll even have the opportunity to be one of our paid contributors. How great is that?
Remember, deadline of entry is November 30, 2017.
We run our scholarship program only once every year, so be sure to get your application in before time runs out!
Terms and Conditions
- SiddhiYoga reserves the exclusive rights to publish any of the entries it receives.
- The site will not charge or ask for any fees from any student who wishes to join the program.
- Submitted entries are expected, and should be, duly accomplished by the applicants alone. (i.e. you are submitting your original writing and no one else’s)
- Incomplete entries will not be considered and processed
- Non-English submissions will automatically be rejected.