The Siddhi Yoga Scholarship
Siddhi Yoga is committed to providing yogis all over the world tips and tricks for advancing your yoga practice and taking it to the next level. We strive to do this through helpful blogs and articles, and perhaps most of all, yoga teacher trainings each year at Dharamsala, Rishikesh and Goa in India and Bali in Indonesia.
We believe in community at Siddhi Yoga. And more than anything, we believe that education should be accessible to everyone, regardless of status, level or income. Yoga means union, and we aim to unite as many people as we can through this practice.
As part of our commitment to community, we at Siddhi Yoga have decided to start an annual Siddhi Yoga Scholarship program.
Results for 2017 Scholarship
- There were total 175 submissions. In first round we have short listed 126 entries. Those who have very less information or not provided complete information required for the submission or have lot of grammatical errors, were rejected in this round.
- 126 essays were passed to 4 qualified writers/editors and we asked them to select 10 after reading them all.
- In 2nd round we have selected 6 common names from these 10 and they are:
Erik Nunez Albermann
- In 3rd round we asked them again to select two names from these six. And personally two of us have selected two names as well. All six of us have selected “Thuy Nguyen from Concordia Lutheran High School” and she is the winner for this year.
- Second name which majority have selected is “Madison McDaniels from Bridge Creek High School” We have given her USD200 Amazon Voucher as token of appreciation.
You can read the article written by Thuy Nguyen here and by Madison McDaniels here.
Scholarship for 2018
We are sorry to announce that we are not able to continue with this scholarship due to the amount of time required to finalize the winner at this stage. We may start it again in near future. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.