Are you looking to find out which of your Chakras is blocked? Take our Chakra test to know which Chakra is blocked and how you can bring your body, mind and spirit back into alignment.
It is time to return to balance and to find your centre. When you work with Chakras, it is important to know which ones need extra love and attention. Everyone has their own unique constitution, which means that everyone has their own strong chakras and weaker ones, depending on their life situation. The good news is you can always bring yourself back into balance. You need to find out where the balance needs to be restored. Here we will discuss what a blockage looks like and how to find out which Chakra is blocked. This will allow you to live life to the fullest and enjoy the journey as you go.
What are Chakras and How do they Work?
The seven Chakras are the major energy centres in our bodies. The Root Chakra begins at the base of the spine; as you move upwards, you have the Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat and Third Eye and finally, the Crown Chakra which sits at the top of your head. The Chakras greatly influence your life through the energy realm, often manifesting themselves in either health or disease. As with anything made of energy, the Chakras can change daily or from moment to moment. For this reason, Chakras can easily come out of balance. You can determine this by taking a simple chakra test to find out which Chakra is blocked.
The more you tune in to the world of Chakras, the easier it will become to identify blockages in the future. For now, you can take a look at what this might mean for you.
Symptoms of Blocked Chakras
The seven chakras have different energies and show different symptoms when they are out of balance or blocked. Out of balance means too much or too little energy flowing from the Chakra, whereas a block means energy is not flowing through the centre as naturally or as easily as it usually would. Let’s look at each Chakra individually, moving upwards from the Base (Root Chakra).
Root Chakra (Muladhara) – Located at the base of the tailbone. When there are blockages here, it will show up as feeling ungrounded, flighty or disconnected from your body and nature. It could also present itself in moving around too much and not being able to find a place to call home. Also, not being able to find rest within yourself.
Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana) – Located in the pelvis, just beneath the navel. When there is a block here, it can manifest in a lack of creativity or sexual drive. It could also be seen as a pursuit of pleasure in the form of addictions and indulgences.
Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) – Located in the belly, above the navel. Blocked, this Chakra will express itself in anger, power play, aggression and rage. On the other extreme of the blockage, it could show itself in a lack of self-confidence, motivation, or direction.
Heart Chakra (Anahata) – Located in the heart center, in the middle of your chest. When blocked, the Heart Chakra creates emotional withdrawal, feeling cold and distant or unable to connect with your emotions.
Throat Chakra (Vishudda) – Located in the throat. This Chakra, when blocked, creates an inability to speak, compulsive lying or talking too much to the detriment of others.
Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) – Located between the eyebrows in the center of your forehead. Ajna Chakra blocks look like an inability to see a future for yourself or to visualize and manifest. Third Eye blocks can also present as a disconnection from your intuitive and energetic self.
Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)– Located at the crown of your head, in the center. The blocks here create depression, a lack of connection with the world, a feeling of dullness and lacking energy.
These blocks may sound extreme and even opposing in some cases, as the energy of a Chakra blockage can manifest as an over or under-exaggeration of the energy of that Chakra. The good news is that you can always return to balance and bring your chakras back into alignment through various Chakra balancing exercises.
Similar Health Issues Related to Chakras
Most of the physical and mental health issues we experience originate from an energy issue in one of the chakras. Some of the most common energy imbalances show up when you are moving through an emotionally-charged period or a particularly challenging situation, for this is when your energy pattern is altered.
Common health issues and the Chakras:
- Heart Disease – Experiencing heartbreak or being closed to love. Heart Chakra block.
- Sore throat – Not being able to express yourself as you want to, lying or withholding information that needs to be spoken. Throat Chakra Blockage.
- Back pain – Feeling unsupported and unstable in your life situation or experiencing family conflicts. Root Chakra Blockage.
- Depression – Not feeling connected to yourself or others. Full Chakra imbalance.
- Anxiety – Feeling fear and worry from not being grounded or connected. Root and Crown Chakra blockage.
- Cancer – Not taking care of your deep emotional roots. Depending on the organ that it has affected, the Chakra will vary. Look at the Chakra that rules that part of the body.
- Influenza – Full body cleanse needed to remove negative energies. This affects all of the Chakras.
- Irritable Bowel Disease or Food Intolerance – Not being able to digest life experiences. This relates to the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Alzheimer’s Disease – Memory loss meaning lack of ability to retain information, relates to the Third Eye Chakra.
- Sexual Health Diseases – Blocking your sexual expression or experiencing fear. This is a Sacral Chakra blockage.
Many other diseases could be listed, but the most important takeaway is that you should ask what part of the body is affected and how that affects your emotions.
Once you learn which Chakra rules each specific body part, you can easily determine which energy centre needs to be brought back into balance to return your body to good health and harmony.
Telling which Chakra is blocked
To find out which Chakra is blocked, look at the signs and symptoms mentioned above to work out where you need more balance in your life! You will often find that you have more than one Chakra that is out of balance, so don’t worry if you realize you have quite a bit of work. When you start focusing more on your energy body and working with even one, you will start seeing the entire Chakra system returning to harmony.
You can also do the following Chakra test for more clarification. You will need a pen and paper or a device to record how many yes and no answers you receive:
Answer each question with a ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’
Record your answers to reflect on after completing the test.
- Do you feel safe in your body?
- Do you feel grounded in your environment?
- Is it easy for you to connect with nature?
- Do you feel creative?
- Do you feel comfortable embodying your sexuality?
- Do you like spending time near bodies of water?
- Are you a naturally motivated and determined person?
- Do you have life goals or dreams that you are currently working on?
- Do you enjoy being around the warmth and light of the fire?
- Is it easy for you to give love?
- Is it easy for you to receive love?
- Do you feel light and free in your heart space?
- Do you usually speak your mind about how you feel?
- Do you feel comfortable expressing yourself in front of other people?
- Are you able to communicate clearly?
Third Eye Chakra:
- Do you have a connection to your intuitive self?
- Do you trust the guidance you see around you – e.g., angels, numbers, synchronicities etc.?
- Are you connected with your energy body and how it feels to be a being of energy?
- Do you trust the flow of your life?
- Do you believe a higher power is always available to assist you when you need help?
- Do you find it easy to connect with the world around you?
Take note of how many ‘yes’ and ‘no’ answers you got for each Chakra.
If you answered ‘yes’ for most of the questions, then that Chakra is generally in the balance!
If you answered ‘no’ to many questions in a particular Chakra, that is an indicator that you have some work to do in that particular area to bring your energy body back into balance!
The Chakra test is a valuable tool for self-discovery and personal growth. By assessing the health and balance of your seven chakras, you can gain insight into your emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being. Regularly taking the chakra test can help you identify any blockages or imbalances in your energy centers, allowing you to address them through various practices such as meditation, affirmations, and visualization. As you work on balancing your chakras, you may experience greater harmony, happiness, and fulfillment in your life.
Chakra’s work always sounds deep and complex because there is so much information about this ancient energy system! If you enjoyed this article and have found some insights, you might like to look at our Online Course, Understanding Chakras. This course has lots of content to explain what our Chakras are and how they influence our daily lives.