Is your Crown Chakra Blocked? This article discusses how Crown Chakra blockages affect your mind and body and how to fix the problems.
The Crown Chakra, also known as Sahasrara Chakra in Sanskrit, is an energy center in your body, located at the very top of your head. Here is where the physical meets the spiritual. Here is where you become aware that everyone is interconnected and that we are all spiritual beings. Learning to use your Crown Chakra energy makes you feel more connected to the spiritual world. If you have struggled to connect to your spirituality, it could be a sign that your Sahasrara Chakra is blocked. Let’s look at other symptoms of a Crown Chakra that is blocked.
How to tell your Crown Chakra has blockages
First, it is essential to note that energy is fluid and can show itself differently in the Crown Chakra. The energy can flow normally and naturally. Then it can be blocked entirely or be somewhere in between. And your Crown Chakra will be seen as overactive, normal, or underactive. Here is an explanation of the different types of Crown Chakra energies that you might experience:
- Open and Flowing Sahasrara Chakra: You trust in the flow of your life; you are comfortable in your spirituality and grounded in your body while still being connected to the energy around you.
- Blocked Sahasrara Chakra: You are feeling stuck and stagnant. Your Crown Chakra is not able to give or receive energy.
- Overactive Sahasrara Chakra: You are light-headed and experiencing dizziness, and you hear other voices or visions in your mind.
- Underactive Sahasrara Chakra: There is little or no spiritual growth. You may find that you are experiencing the same spiritual soul lessons repeatedly and cannot get out of the rut.
Energy feels different to everyone, so some of these signs and symptoms may be familiar to some of you but may not resonate with others. As you read through the following list, consider if any of these Sahasrara Chakra blockages concern you.
If your Crown Chakra is blocked, you may feel:
- An inability to connect with things spiritual.
- Fear of spiritual or energy beings.
- Lack of trust in the divine.
- A need to be in control of every aspect of your life.
- Depression and listlessness because you feel your life lacks meaning.
- Lacking rest due to insomnia and ringing sounds in your ears.
- Mental fogginess and confusion.
- Feeling disconnected from the world, from people, and from nature.
- Being judgemental of others and feeling superior to others.
Do any of these symptoms apply to you? If so, it could mean that your Crown Chakra is blocked and that the natural flow of energy and life force cannot nourish your body. Read on to find out how to bring your Sahasrara Chakra energy back in balance.
Crown Chakra imbalance symptoms
- Lack of energetic boundaries and too much empathy for other
- Overly emotional
- Living in mind and not the body
Symptoms of an underactive Sahasrara Chakra include:
- Lack of clarity
- Lack of empathy for others
- Difficulty in connecting with others
- Lack of direction and purpose
- Lack of trust in the universe
- Inability to create clear thoughts
Sahasrara Chakra’s energy can shift and change quickly, and you may be swinging between over- and underactivity. You’ll want to bring it back in balance and restore harmony within your mind, body, and spirit. To do that, you first have to recognize these symptoms in yourself. Only then can you realign it with the activities suggested in this article.
Opening your Crown Chakra Blocked
To open the Sahasrara Chakra is to open yourself to the infinite possibilities of life itself. When you open yourself to trust, you will start to notice more cosmic synchronicities in your life and confirmation that you are following the right path.
Here are some ideas on how to open the Crown Chakra:
- Visualization of the lotus flower opening its petals
- Using high-vibration crystals and healing stones
- Fasting and detoxing the body to open up your energy channels
- Ask for guidance and signs from the universe and trust the answers you receive
Crown Chakra healing tips
The best way to heal the Sahasrara Chakra is by focusing your attention on your energetic, physical and mental body and bringing all three into balance with a variety of daily practices.
How to heal the Crown Chakra:
- Meditate every day, focusing on the crown of your head and imagining a white light flowing in from above
- Regulate your sleep cycle, find a pattern that suits your body, and stick to it. Ensure that you get six to eight hours of sleep every night.
- Let go of expectations of what a Crown Chakra should do or be. Letting go opens up new possibilities for you.
- Use crystals such as selenite, clear quartz, white calcite, white agate, amethyst, or moonstone. These stones vibrate with celestial energies and help you to keep a light vibration.
- Practice yoga and pranayama (breathing techniques), focusing on moving energy up and down through the Chakras.
- Create a daily routine that includes Crown Chakra connection.
Healing the Sahasrara Chakra is something you do daily, not a one-time activity. The more time you spend working with the activities mentioned in this article, the more balanced your Sahasrara will become.
Balancing and healing your Chakras is a lifelong activity. To do that effectively, you should first be able to recognize the symptoms of imbalance as they manifest in your mind or body. Next, identify the Chakra which is out of balance, and apply some of the remedies suggested in this article.
If you want more information about the Crown Chakra and how it fits in with your Chakras, enroll in our online course Understanding Chakras.