The Surabhi Mudra is a yoga pose with many benefits. Learn how to do the Surabhi Mudra in this easy guide and discover its meaning and benefits.
Definition – What is Surabhi Mudra and its Meaning, References, and Mythology?
Mudras are a way to express our thoughts, suppressed abilities, and desires. These can be expressed by body postures, eye movements, and gestures. Our unconscious mind can describe Mudras as non-verbal expressions.
We can make our dreams and desires come true with the help of a Surabhi Mudra.
Regular practice of Surabhi Mudra can help us make positive life changes and bring more creativity. This can transform our personalities.
Let’s take a look at the mythology.
The Purana states that a miracle cow could fulfill one’s wishes. Kamdhenu was its name. Kamdhenu‘s child, Surbhi. Surbhi, just like her mother, has the divine power to fulfill her wishes.
Surbhi is a synonym for a cow. This Mudra shapes our fingers to look like the cow’s heart. Concentrating on the Surbhi Mudra fingers, the shape and form of the cow’s udder reduces the number of thoughts and leaves one desire in your heart. You can fulfill that desire by focusing your attention on it.
Wish-Fulfilling Gesture, Tridosha Nashak Mudra.
How to Do Surabhi Mudra?
- Relax in a comfortable, meditative posture.
- Next, lift your arms to your chest and namaste that your hands are still apart.
- Move the middle finger of your right hand towards the index fingers of your right hand.
- Next, move your right index finger toward the middle of your left finger.
- Next, move the tip of your left-ring finger’s right little finger towards your right little finger.
- Next, move your left little finger towards your right ring finger.
- You should adjust your fingers so they touch properly. Spread your thumbs out, with the thumbs pointing towards your heart. Your entire finger arrangement should point upwards toward the sky.
- It will be more effective if we chant the Gayathri mantra within this Mudra.
- It is difficult to master the Surabhi Mudra arrangement, but it is possible with practice. You can open or close the feast or expand or contract your fingers to make it more relaxing. This will allow your fingers to stay in place.
Surabhi Mudra Benefits
- Surabhi Mudra, a combination of two elements that increases its power, is called Surabhi Mudra. This power can be used to awaken subtle energy.
- It incorporates all five elements of the Mudra, which balances all five elements and the hormonal system.
- This Mudra increases creativity and positive energy. It allows you to fulfill your desires quicker.
- This Mudra directly influences the third eye, Chakra. It improves memory and concentration.
- It is beneficial for people suffering from constipation and ulcers because it affects the naval Chakra. It balances this Chakra’s excess or suppressive energy and promotes vitality.
- Surbhi Mudra can alleviate acidity and other gas issues by activating your excretory systems.
Surabhi Mudra Precautions and Contraindications
- This can lead to imbalances in all five elements if you don’t follow the correct procedure. It is best to begin slowly and increase the time.
- The thumbs should not touch each other or the roots of the fingers. This could decrease the Seeker’s potential rewards.
- It is not easy to hold the Mudra for longer periods of time at first, but once you master the coordination between your fingers, it becomes easier.
When and how to do Surabhi Mudra?
- Surbhi Mudra is a powerful tool that balances all five elements. Practitioners should practice it regularly.
- This Mudra can be practiced to improve memory retention power.
Begin by holding the Mudra for about a minute, and then gradually increase the time to approximately 15 minutes each day. To reap the long-lasting effects, you can do it for 15 minutes at once and three times daily.
Surbhi Mudra is a practice that can be done at any time. However, it is best to do it in the morning or at night.
Breathing in Surabhi Mudra
- Yogic Breathing can be practiced with this Mudra.
Visualization in Surabhi Mudra
Focus your attention on the exhilaration in the beginning. Visualize how the smoke leaves your body each time you exhale. All unwelcome energies, pain from toxic substances, negative thoughts, and feelings are contained in the smoke. Take 15 deep, slow breaths and then focus on the inhalation. Imagine how your body glows when you inhale this absorbing light. Gradually, the smoke you exhale will become lighter. It will be like you’re absorbing the lightest possible to your surroundings.
Affirmation in Surabhi Mudra
Purifying light fills me with joy and melts away all that is harmful or precious.
The Surabhi Mudra is a fantastic Mudra to incorporate into your practice if you want increased creativity, improved digestion, and detoxification. This Mudra can be done anywhere and at any time, making it accessible for anyone looking to improve their health. If you are interested in learning more about Mudras and incorporating them into your life, consider enrolling in our Mudras Certification Course. In this course, you will learn all 108 Mudras, their benefits, and how to incorporate them into your daily life.