Some of us really want to impart our knowledge on other people for various reasons and when it comes to yoga it is really understandable. Since yoga makes our overall well-being really healthy, one way of being well is to help others being overall well too.
One way of doing this is to become a yoga instructor, however, not all of us possess all the time and money in the world. This is the primary reason why some yoga practitioners have some sort of hesitation if they will bring their yoga practice to the next level by means of teaching.
So we compiled the different yoga schools that are located in Portugal so if you are living in that country this list is definitely for you. Check out this comprehensive list below for you to have an idea of what school will best suit your needs.
Soul Ascension School of Yoga & the Healing Arts – Castelo Branco
This yoga teacher training school offers a course that teaches the traditional ways of yoga and making yoga a lifestyle. They mix the knowledge of yoga asanas together with the philosophy of yoga.
In this training program, you’ll be able to practice the Hatha and Vinyasa flows. The venue of the training is near the rural mountains. There you will fully attain peace and harmony throughout the whole training.
The foods provided are perfect for yoga practices as they are all-natural and healthy.
- Cost: €2860 (accommodation only) – €3499 (meals included)
- Training Length: 18 residential days
- Website: http://www.soulascensionhealingarts.com/yoga-teacher-trainings/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/eli.kaiser1
- Yoga Technique: Hatha and Vinyasa
Sundari Integral Yoga School – Lisbon
This yoga teacher training school’s goal is to help their students develop their mental and physical aspects. With a training program that lasts for about 3 weeks, you’ll surely learn a lot.
The yoga techniques taught here include Jnana, Kundalini, Karma, Kriya, Mantra, Hatha and much more. Completing the course will guarantee you that you’ll have your knowledge and understanding about yoga enhanced in no time.
- Cost: €2000 – €3000 depending on the type of accommodation you choose and the time of payment
- Training Length: 21 residential days
- Website: http://www.sundari-center.com/integral-yoga-teacher-training-course/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SundariCenter/
- Yoga Technique: Hatha
5 Elements Yoga – Algarve
5 Elements Yoga is a yoga teacher training school that allows their students to learn Indian Yoga. This training program is exclusively taught by an Indian teacher. They teach all the different traditional yoga techniques and concepts.
The philosophy of yoga that they teach here is precisely picked in order for you to improve your skills and knowledge about yoga. They will also teach you different teaching skills that can help you out once you started teaching yoga.
- Cost: €2300 – €2800, doesn`t include food
- Training length: 25 days residential
- Website: https://www.yoga5elements.com/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/yoga5elements
- Yoga Technique: Hatha, Vinyasa
The Yogologist – Algarve
This yoga teacher training program allows the students to discover their own unique teaching skills. By doing so, they’ll help them enhance those skills once discovered. They also combine the spiritual aspects of yoga with the scientific traditional yoga teaching of Hatha yoga.
Throughout the training program, there will be a place provided for the teachers and students to stay in. The place is very spacious and private, therefore making your yoga experience a peaceful and harmonious one.
- Cost: £2750 (in GBP!)
- Training Length: 2 x 10 residential days over 6 months
- Website: http://theyogologist.co.uk/pilamaya/
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/theyogologist/
- Yoga Technique: Hatha
Bend it like Buddha – Algarve
Bend it like Buddha offers a course that you can finish for about 2 weeks and right after, you can get your certification instantly. You’ll be registered as a yoga teacher and an Ayurvedic Massage Therapist.
The training program follows a strict schedule due to the short time of practice given. Within the days of those 2 weeks, there will be 12 hours of training each.
The venue for the training program is a villa that is surrounded by nature, making the training program a peaceful experience for everyone.
- Cost: €2300-€3000
- Training Length: 14 residential days
- Website: https://portugalyogaretreats.com/teacher-training/
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/Benditlikebuddhayoga/
- Yoga Technique: Ashtanga and Hatha
The True North Vinyasa – Columbeira and Ericeira
The True North Vinyasa is more of training aspiring yoga teachers the true meaning of yoga together with an open and fresh mind. You’ll be transitioned in self-transformation and physical practice.
Throughout the training program, you’ll be able to focus on learning the basic knowledge about yoga and its aspects together with creating your own sequences.
- Cost: $4400 – $4900
- Training Length: 22 residential days
- Website: http://www.truenorthvinyasa.com/teacher-training-portugal.html
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/truenorthvinyasa
- Yoga Technique: Vinyasa Flow
Indiv Yoga – Carvoeiro
Indiv Yoga has trainings for both Hatha and Vinyasa yoga. The training program lasts for about 2 weeks and a day and before enrolling in the course, the highly require that you have at least practiced yoga for about a year.
They focus on teaching aspiring yoga teachers with the philosophy of yoga, its traditions, other techniques like meditation and many more. They also aim to let the students discover the connection between the body and the mind.
- Cost: $3700 – $4100
- Training Length: 15 residential days
- Website: https://indivyoga.com/200hr-training-algarve-portugal-01/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Indivyoga
- Yoga Technique: Hatha and Vinyasa
Experience a profound transformation through our diverse Online Yoga Teacher Training programs. Whether you’re new to yoga or an experienced practitioner, we have the perfect training to suit your goals. Immerse yourself in our 200-Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training, where you’ll develop a strong foundation in yoga philosophy, anatomy, and effective teaching techniques. Enhance your skills with our Advanced 300-Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training, exploring advanced asanas, pranayama practices, and the art of sequencing. For those seeking the ultimate mastery, our 500-Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training combines ancient wisdom with modern approaches. Join our vibrant community of dedicated yogis and embark on a life-changing journey from the comfort of your own home. Enroll today and unlock your true potential as a yoga teacher.