Tolasana creates and encourages deep flexibility in the hip flexors, ankles, and wrists. The pose strengthens the wrists, arms, shoulders, chest, hips, and legs.
The pose is also highly focused on all areas of the abdominal muscles, including the obliques, which line the sides of the waist. Activating the abdominal muscles in such a deep way creates an internal stimulation for digestion.
Yoga postures like Scale Pose (Tulasana) are among the most versatile and essential in yoga practice. Not only does it provide immense health benefits, but also spiritual awakeness for our mind/body connection. You can change your life with just one pose.
The evidence of a research study suggests that yoga can help manage stress. It’s a great idea for military personnel to adopt the practice as part of their regular training, and further research is necessary in this area. According to such studies, Yoga may help anyone in any type of scenario to think rationally and stay calm.
Scale Pose focuses on several muscles such as
- Core Muscles (Abdominal Muscles)
- Erector Spinae (Spine Erectors)
- Shoulders (Deltoid)
Ideal For Health Conditions
- Strengthen your arms, shoulders and core.
- Helps to shred fat.
- Improves blood circulation which in turn improves healing power.
Benefits of Tolasana or Scale or Lifted Lotus Pose
1. It Strengthens Wrists, Arms, Shoulders, Chest, Hips, and Legs
Assuming Tolasana is a great way of strengthening some of the key muscles such as the muscles that are located around wrists, arms, shoulders, chest, hips, and legs, this is a great way of strengthening all these muscles and toning them, keeping them healthy.
2. Stretches the Hip Flexors
Tolasana stretches and opens up the hip flexors, which makes it easier for you to sit in lotus position during meditation or any other such pose. This enables you to do yoga poses with ease even after practicing Tolasana regularly.
3. Increases your Balance
Another benefit of doing Tolasana on a regular basis is that it increases your balance as well as flexibility at the same time when you are trying to perform different positions during yoga practice. It also helps in building strength around ankles and shoulders too. If there’s one posture that’ll make balancing poses easy then it’s definitely Tolasana!
4. Helps Stimulate Digestion
The abdominal muscles in Tolasana are activated to their fullest, which in turn stimulates the digestive system and helps with proper digestion. This is one of the main reasons why yogis recommend practicing this pose regularly.
5. Develops Focus and Concentration
When you’re trying to hold a posture for an extended period of time while keeping your balance, it definitely requires focus and concentration. And this is where Tolasana really shines – it builds up these qualities within us over time when we practice regularly. So not only do we get physical benefits but mental/spiritual ones too.
6. Improves Body Awareness
As we mentioned earlier, Tolasana is a great way of improving body balance and awareness. When you’re able to hold the posture with ease and without any wobbling, it means your body has become more aware of its surroundings and what it can do. This also teaches patience.
7. It Induces More Hunger in the Body
This is a side effect that not many people are aware of. Tolasana or Scale Pose helps to increase the appetite in the body, and this happens due to the increased blood flow and energy activation within our system when we practice this pose.
8. Calms the Mind
Last but not least, one of the main benefits of practicing Tolasana regularly is that it helps calm the mind and relieve stress or anxiety. This makes it an ideal pose for those who suffer from conditions such as hypertension or high blood pressure.
- Lifted Lotus Pose with Blocks (Tolasana with Yoga blocks)
- Lotus Pose(Padmasana)
- Crow Pose (Kakasana)
- Don’t hunch the back.
- It’s important to keep your eyes open during Tolasana so that you maintain balance and focus properly on a fixed point in front of you to avoid falling down or losing concentration.
- Make sure not to allow any jerky movements.
- Ensure your hip and ankle have enough mobility to perform the Lotus pose.
How to do Standing Scale Pose
- Start by Assuming Padmasana or Lotus Pose.
- Place both hands on the floor, at your side.
- Inhale deeply and lift your legs off the ground.
- Your knees must be straight while you are lifting the body up. Keep breathing normally as long as you can hold it in this position.
- Return back by slowly lowering your body gently down, without any jerks.
Mental Benefits of Scale Pose
- Helps to sharpen the mind
- Improves our ability to stay in the moment
- Teaches patience and perseverance
- Increases self-confidence
- Induces feelings of calm and relaxation
The Bottom Line
Tolasana or Scale Pose is an essential yoga posture that has many benefits for our health and well-being. It strengthens key muscles, stretches the hip flexors, increases balance and flexibility, and stimulates digestion. The pose also helps us to focus and concentrate better. So if you’re just starting out with yoga or looking for a versatile posture to add to your practice, be sure to include Tolasana.
Seeking to deepen your yoga practice and share your love for yoga with others? Our certified 200-Hrs yoga teacher training multistyle, 300-Hrs yoga teacher training course, and 500-Hrs Yoga Teacher Training Courses are designed just for you! Embrace the transformative power of yoga, learn from expert instructors, and receive Yoga Alliance, USA certification upon completion. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned practitioner, these courses offer a unique opportunity to enrich your life and make a positive impact. Enroll now and take the leap towards becoming a certified yoga instructor!