If you are currently based in Vancouver and want to teach Yoga professionally then we recommend you to try these yoga trainings that you can avail. You can learn a lot of things and at the same time increase your knowledge about Yoga.
A school with teachers like Shiva Rea, Sean Korn, Rod Stryker, and Kino Macgregor, guarantees that this training is a very informative and life-changing one. No matter who you are, they will teach you everything you must know about yoga and yoga teaching.
They offer 3 courses a year, with a wide range of schedule and different venues around the world, but only in Vancouver, they have four of their best studios. The good thing here is that the studios are located near a beach which can make your training a very comfortable one.
They focus on teaching Western and Yogic anatomy and asana. They also offer courses for kids, and pregnant women and many other special courses. Throughout the course, you’ll get to know the influential yogis of all time.
- Cost: From $3400. Many payment plans available (interest-free!)
- Training Length: Part-time- 4 month (Wednesday to Sunday). Full time- 1 month intensive
- Website: https://www.semperviva.com/
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/semperviva
- Yoga Technique: Multi-style
Exhale Yoga Retreats
If yoga has a big impact on yourself and you want to teach it afterward on other people, then this YTT is for you. Widen your comprehension of yoga, follow your senses and become a yoga teacher that is very in demand!
This curriculum is one of a kind because it is created to support you in finding your genuine self, your own style of teaching. This curriculum will give strong fundamentals that will aide a trainee to become a teacher of yoga. You will become profound in your yoga practice and release your capacity to teach and inspire your students.
Finding the guts to determine who you really are will assist you in finding your maximum potential. To achieve the real you, you must remember the dreams you have elapsed, fears that prevent you from conquering it.
- Cost: From $3000
- Training Length: 1-month
- Website: https://www.exhaleyogaretreats.com/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/exhaleyogaretreats/
- Yoga Technique: Flow Yoga, Alignment and Spiritually-Oriented Yoga
Yyoga has 7 studios with three modules in the course that lasts for over 4 months. The schedule can be on an alternating weekend and Wednesday night, or a full week. In this way, you can keep up with your job and at the same time finish a yoga course here in Yyoga.
For the first module, they will teach you the history of yoga, basic asanas, and philosophy of yoga.
The second module will enhance your understanding of the first module, teaching you things like advance asanas that include arm balances, alignments, and inversions.
For the third and last module. They will now focus on teaching you the hands-on adjustments, ethics, theming, the business of yoga, and the teaching practice for yoga.
This format is proven very effective, and after you graduated, the school will focus on letting you teach on their other branches.
- Cost: Full Program Cost: $3,300
- Training Length: Over 4 months
- Website: https://yyoga.ca/bc/
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/YYOGA/
- Yoga Technique: Hatha and Power flow
Vancouver School of Healing Arts
Vancouver School of Healing Arts offers a lot more than a 180-hour course. They added extra knowledge on the course that other studios don’t have.
The students of this school are taught about different teaching styles, therapeutic yoga, the business yoga, marketing tools, and other things that can help the students become effective yoga teachers.
With its course teaching about anatomy, physiology, proper alignments and philosophy. You’ll be expected to graduate here with the knowledge and understanding needed to become a professional yoga teacher.
- Cost: From $3205
- Training Length: 2-month immersion- Monday to Friday OR 4 months – Weekends
- Website: https://vsoha.com/
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/VancouverSchoolOfHealingArts/
- Yoga Technique: Hatha and Vinyasa
Many believed that yoga is just something you “do”, but here in Ocean Breath, they don’t accept that principle, as they believe that yoga is something that you can live by.
Besides teaching the yoga’s physical aspect known as Asana, they also teach the other 7 limbs of yoga, which can help you on your own journey. Throughout the course, learners will improve their lung capacity as they’ll teach you here the proper breathing techniques, other things like meditations and mantra, also the various styles of yoga.
With such knowledge you can learn in Ocean Breath, you are able to teach a yoga class confidently.
- Cost: Every 100 Hour Program. $1800 + GST
- Training Length: Part-time: over 3 months
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Ocean-Breath-Yoga-for-EVERY-body-643663685753572/
- Yoga Technique: Hatha and Vinyasa
Based on its name, this school was created from the roots of Karma Yoga. They offer scholarships here for any aspiring yoga teachers and other people who simply want to learn yoga and deepen their understanding about it.
It is more of a life training rather than yoga, and throughout the journey in this school, you’ll learn the philosophy of selfless work, mindful action, and unconditional love. This course will help you heal what needs to be healed inside you, therefore making this once in a lifetime changing journey.
- Cost: Full cost: $ 3500
- Training Length: 1-month intensive (weekdays). 11-weekend immersion
- Website: https://www.karmateachers.org/
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/karmateachers/
- Yoga Technique: Hatha-Vinyasa-yin
In Dharma Temple, they aim to teach you the aspect of life, making a new path for you, thus starting a new beginning in your life. They will educate you starting from zero.
This course lasts for about 10 months, and within this time span, you’ll learn the principles of life through yoga. You’ll forget selfishness, your pride, and all negativity that lies inside you.
Completing the course will grant you the feeling of a new life, and this will allow you to confidently teach yoga classes and share your life changing experience with others.
- Cost: From $2950
- Training Length: Immersive 200H: 2 weeks. Aquarian Lifestyle: 10 month
- Website: https://www.thedharmatemple.com/
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/thedharmatemple/
- Yoga Technique: Kundalini
Do you know?
With the same budget as having the YTTC in Vancouver, you can join Yoga Teacher Training in Bali in a Luxurious resort.
If your budget is tight then you can attend yoga training in India, which is all inclusive @ $1380 for 200-Hour and 300-Hour @ $1880 and 500-Hour @ $3280.